Re: RC: Free Topo Maps (was 2pt,mentors, etc.)

<<My father got me some Geological Survey maps, they are to scale and show
buildings, wooded and clear areas, roads and streams. Maybe someone out there
knows how to get these or I'll ask him if not.>>

You can buy these at outdoor-type stores (such as REI, etc.), and also some
larger office-supply type stores.  The stores usually carry the local USGS
quad maps, and often some of the more commonly-requested maps (like for
popular hiking areas), and they can order any others for you.

There is a web site where you can print off topo maps for free - they're very
good quality.  Check out "www.topozone.com" (ignore the "" marks).  They're
in color, too, so you can get really nice maps if you have access to a color
printer.

Hope this is of use to someone...

Dawn in Texas