Re: RC: Re: RE: Re: Training ride today

Bette wrote:
> Sheila Varian rides all her horses with a running martingale during
> training and many times afterwards. I would hardly call her a gimmick
> user-- she is an incredible horsewoman who has proved herself time and
> time again in the performance ring.

So does Valerie Kanavy, but I haven't had a chance to discuss the
training philosophy with either of them.

> Could there perhaps be room in this
> business for different training methods?

Well, of course there is.  I just feel it's important for people who
don't have an opinion yet to be able to learn from those of us with
experience to share.

> Bette who feels it is too early in the morning for flaming <BG>

Again, it's a case of two horses in five years, or 100 horses in four
years ... some people are more interested in learning than others are.

-A
--
* * *
Abby Bloxsom