Funny, funny story!

I received this on a gaited horse list and laughed so long and so hard my
stomach hurt and I started crying.  I hope you guys enjoy it too.

<< "Ya'll have cursed me! Yep, that's right, couldn't be a coincidence, got
 be a curse! You talk about those big brown hunting spiders and wonder where
 they live, and the same day I find out first hand! Like I said, cursed! It
 happened like this: My plan for killing time by riding while waiting for the
 blacksmith to arrive the other day was canceled on account of rain so I
 decided to strip a stall that had been standing empty all summer instead.
I'm
 minding my own business, raking old shavings away from the walls when I see
 him-big, fat, ugly old spider. I saw him for just a second on top of my
foot,
 right before he disappeared up the leg of my jeans! (Yep, I'd raked that
 sucker clean out of the ground and onto my foot!) Well, let me tell you that
 feeling that crawly sucker scurrying up my leg was NOT pleasant so I started
 frantically stamping that foot against the ground in hopes of making him
fall
 back out. I stomped my way clear out of the stall and into the aisle of the
 barn, no luck. That sucker was still making progress north. Stomping and
 squealing wasn't getting me any where but out of breath so I did the next
 logical thing, I started coming out of those jeans. Figured that if he was
 staying, I was going! Them jeans were just not big enough for the both of
 us!!! Not sure how I got shed of those things what with having boots on and
 all but I did it. By that time though I was clear out in front of the barn.
 The horses I'd passed had looked at me awful peculiar but hadn't offered to
 help any. Can't tell you how relieved I was to be shed of those jeans and
ole
 Mr. Spider! Didn't even  mind being out in the rain to much since I had on
my
 world famous Dale Earnhardt Jr. racing cap and a warm sweatshirt. Course,
 somehow I'd shed one sock along with my boots and jeans and the mud between
 my toes was a might gross.

 So there I am, hopping on one socked foot in the rain shacking those jeans
 for all I'm worth, cussing and squealing for ole creepy crawly to find
 somewhere else to live, when the blacksmith pulls up the drive. Yep, caught
 with my pants down! L***e, our blacksmith, is an old friend so things might
 not have been so bad but wouldn't you know it, he'd picked that day to bring
 an apprentice farrier with him. They didn't get out of the truck right away,
 I think that they were scared too. (L***ie probably thought I'd finally gone
 completely around the bend.)

 I saw em out of the corner of my eye just sitting there with their mouths
 hanging open and their eye's bugged out. Well, about that time ole Mr.
Spider
 popped out the leg of my britches and started making a run back for the
 shelter of the barn. I chased after him intent on squashing him before he
 could get away but I wasn't about to step on him with my bare foot or my
 socked foot either for that matter so I hopped ahead of him back into the
 aisle of the barn, retrieved one of my boots from the floor, scurried back
 outside, and tried to mash him with the sole. Let me tell you, those suckers
 are quick, a lot quicker than I am on one foot! I bet I waked at that thing
 half dozen times before I got anywhere near hitting him. He put up a heck of
 a fight for such a little thing, after the first couple of missed whacks, he
 started jumping towards me! I probably don't need to tell you that I was
 still cussing between squeals, huh? Or that everytime I took a swipe with
 that boot and missed that muddy water was flying up into my face. What a
 mess!!! Ole Crawly finally eluded me by slipping under the siding of the
barn
 and disappearing. I was some kind of mad!

 Whew! Well, I straightened up and turned around only to discover that L***ie
 and his apprentice had finally gotten out of the truck, probably to get a
 better view of the show since all those missed whacks had taken us around
the
 side of the barn. The apprentice fellow was trying not to laugh but L***ie
 had no such social graces. He started braying like a dam donkey, holding his
 sides and leaning against the truck to stop from falling down. He was trying
 to say something but I'll be damned if I could make it out. The apprentice
 fellow must have caught it though cause about that time he lost it and
 started laughing as well. None of this improved my disposition any. I was
 still mad as a hornet. That damned spider had scared me shitless, made me
 look like a fool, and then had gone right back into my barn!!! Well, I
 stalked over to retrieve my jeans from in front of the barn where I'd
dropped
 them when I went after the spider. Of course, they were more wet than dry
and
 decorated with more than a little mud but I was gonna have to put them back
 on anyway if I wanted to regain what could possibly be left of my dignity. I
 snatched them up and got one leg on before I found that other sock stuffed
 half way down the second leg. No wonder ole spidy had been so hard to shake
 free, he'd probably been trapped in the leg of those jeans by that sock just
 like my foot was now! I fell, flat on my ass with one leg stuffed into my
 jeans to mid thigh and the other about knee high jammed against that errant
 sock.

 That's when I started to laugh. Sitting in the mud in my underwear feeling
 like the world's largest fool and picturing what this whole episode would
 have looked like to someone else.  L***ie finally had to help me up. I got
my
 jeans and boots back on and tried to explain what had happened but I doubt
 that he really needed to hear anything beyond the word spider to understand.
 Since he needed to shoe all my barefoot horses and take a closer than normal
 look at Silk, they probably stayed for a couple of hours. L***ie was bent
 over a horses foot most of the time so I couldn't really see his face but I
 thought I detected a stray giggle now and then. The apprentice, whose name I
 was told but can't remember, managed to never look me in the eye the whole
 time he was here and I noticed him putting his hand over his mouth then
 turning away more than once. Knowing the way L***ie talks and the number of
 people he shoes for in a given day I'm sure that before the week is out
every
 horse owner in the county will have heard the tale and some idiot who thinks
 that they are exceptionally funny will sooner or later ask me about my neon
 blue
  underwear. When that happens, I'm gonna try to laugh, what else can I do?
At
 any rate, and for what it's worth, brown hunting spiders don't spin webs,
 they dig burrows into soft earth. Now you know!" >>

Rhonda and Special

---- Begin included message ----
FREE Equine Newsletter customized to your interests.
Current information on the Olympics and More--Click here to Register
http://click.egroups.com/1/8582/12/_/506508/_/968729383/

This was sent to me by a friend who got if off another egroup.  Enjoy - it
could be one of us one day!!!

"Ya'll have cursed me! Yep, that's right, couldn't be a coincidence, got to
[...]

are quick, a lot quicker than I am on one foot! I bet I waked at that thing a
[...]

It is mandatory on this list to "trim" posts when using Reply to Sender.  Subscribers who do not "trim" the original post will lose posting privileges.  Posts must be in Plain Text format.