African Horse Sickness

Well if your horses are ridden an hour a day, or for that matter any period of time but on a daily basis they will be in better condition than a horse of the veld even if they will have to roll the whole course :-)

The cheek.  Hold out your wrist : SMACK!  And all these colours are giving me a headache.

Well my one horse that "reacts" usually goes of her food for a day or so, mopes around for the same period and gets a wopping bumb where the shot was given.

That's not a "reaction".  That's just the sulks cos "mummy gave me an ouch".

Have you heard the latest? some people give it as early as July to be out for the end of year show season (Pts, summer etc)

Gnmphhhh!  Typical of the snotty showing crowd.  Gads, even my SJing buddies know better.

Oor even "better" :-( give both shots together!!!!! then "we only have to rest them for 3 weeks"!!!!!

And how many dead horses did they have by October?

Have you heard Phillip Kaye's theory?  "Horse Sickness" is the sign of a bad groom!  He throws his horses out at 06h30 and brings them in at 17h00.  How he can explain that a horse being bitten by a midge is the sign of a bad groom is beyond me.

Tracey