strange phone call

Dear Joy,

I got a similar call last week.  The man identified himself - I think he
said Mark Alonzo (or something similar) and he said he was a lawyer in
Los Angeles, calling on behalf of an unnamed family, or more
specifically, an individual.  He wanted to ask a few questions about
horses, more specifically about my mare.  He asked if there was any
price at which I would consider selling her.  I said no, and we chatted
a bit more.  He said that the people had seen my mare's record through
AERC, and I assumed they liked what they saw, and were looking for a
made and ready to go horse.  I was rather amazed that an offer was
possibly being made, and they hadn't even seen the mare, or known if she
was still healthy, or easy or difficult to ride.  Wonder what is going
on?

Anna