Re: RC: DEPRESSED GELDING

Why on earth would anyone give this Depo- Provera shot to a horse, especially
to a gelding? It is a synthetic progesterone used like the birth control pill
in humans to cause psedopregnancy ( tricks the body into thinking it is
always pregnant.) The possible side effects are horrendous in humans (
bloating, fluid retention, headaches, pelvic pain, fatigue, and breast
tumors. I once was given the shot and literally almost died from it. This
stuff is nothing to mess around with for humans or horses. I strongly
recommend trying a more natural alternative to your horses's problem for his
sake!