Re: RC: EN Sept issue

In a message dated 9/10/00 8:56:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
RQuestarabians@aol.com writes:

<< It is like saying that
 the Special Olympics is not truly the Olympics. We all know that nothing
 could be further than the truth.  Everybody has his or her own capabilities
 (limited or not). You or your horse may face limiting factors in their
 endurance career, and that may mean that it now  takes every ounce of effort
 just to go 25 miles. >>

Certainly.  But when you take the kids from the Special Olympics and line
them up at the starting line in Sydney, you will be just as abusive to them
as you would be to run the LD horses on Tevis who "need" to be in LD due to
lack of conditioning, lack of ability, handicapped or unprepared rider, or
whatever.  LD is LD.  Endurance is defined as 50 miles or more, and with good
reason.  Words have precise meanings.  Training level is not Grand Prix.  LD
is not endurance.  Day is not night and summer is not winter.  Yes, we are
all participating in the same thing, but honesty about one's level is not a
slam.  It is merely the truth.

Heidi