Re: RC: Riding with music

Sue Brown wrote:

> I've done several different sports in my lifetime and during most of them I
> had a Walkman and my favorite tapes playing to headphones.  (Made for some
> interesting looks from the nearby dairy cows as I would bike by and be
> singing along with the tapes at the top of my (not very good) voice. ;-))
> I've not noticed people riding with tape players or radios and headphones,
> nor have I read anything about this.  Does anyone ride with a tape/CD
> player and headphones?  I can imagine music might help some of the long
> rides where you spend a lot of time alone with your horse.  I would at
> least be able to sing something then since I can't ever remember words to
> songs without the song in the background.  99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall
> and Mary Had a Little Lamb get real old after a short while.
>
> Sue
>
> sbrown@wamedes.com
> Tyee Farm
> Marysville, Wa.

I have had many a wonderful hour and more of riding with cassette payer and
headphones....they wear out quick (all the bouncing) so I buy them from Radio
Shack with a warranty and turn them in when they fail....get good batteries (I
use Duracells).  I put the player in a belt pack so I can get off and run and
not be "disconnected"... Oh, I also use COPIES of my favorite tapes....the
tapes get messed up easily, too....

An alternative is having the payer and separate speakers in a pommelpack.  But
then the whole world can also hear what you are playing!!!!

Sure made many a long day a real pleasure!!!

--
Teddy Lancaster

Off to Big South Fork rides for the weekend as of 9-7-2000, returning
9-11-2000.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;
Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

-- Winston Churchill

Running Bear Farm, Inc.
Your Trail Riding Equipment Headquarters - Celebrating our 20th Anniversary!!!!

Teddy Lancaster, President
1348 Township Road 256
Kitts Hill, Ohio, 45645 USA  -  http://runningbear.com/
Webmaster for USA East website: http://usa-east.org/
Moderator for the USA EAST mailing list:
                            http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/USAEAST
1-800-533-2327, FAX: 740-533-0337
Home of Khalarado+/ 1990 IAHA National Endurance Champion
- (1982 Chestnut CMK Stallion)
Supplying the WORLD with quality endurance equipment since 1980