Re: RC: RAIN needed - not endurance related but please read

Sigh.  Please add us onto the prayer list.  I sure don't want to spread the
prayers too thin, but we've had only 2" of rain since last
January.  Ranchers have been selling off their herds for several weeks
now.  They've been feeding cattle for months - on range that normally is
green and lush beginning in July.  As our neighbor rancher said yesterday,
he's pulling his cows off the allotment next to us to save the grass, but
doesn't know where to put them, since there's no grass anywhere else around
here either.  This is not happy news - these are his breeding cattle, not
the ones he planned to sell.

Does anyone remember that drought they had in the Amazon rainforest a few
years back?  I read in a newspaper that 5 shamen went there to do their
thing, and within 24 hrs it began to rain.  I got chills down my spine then
and I still have that reaction now.  So think rain - in Texas and here in
western NM!  Lif

             Lif & Paul Strand  STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
           Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
                 Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RACE June 9, 2001 - http://www.fasterhorses.com/race.html