Genesee Ride in PA. WOW!!!

debbie zanot darkcat5@yahoo.com
Endurance riders from PA and surrrounding states have
lamented the loss of many PA rides, such as the Great
East Branch Ride, Groundhog, Johnstown,Creek Bend,and
on and on. Gene and I have been making an effort to
encourage new people to have rides to support our sport
by having rides. We want to thank all the people who
came to the Battle Hollow ride managed by Dori Skarbek.
Even tho the weather was extremele hot and humid she had
a good turnout and now that they have recovered from all
the work, are making plans for next year.
I had the good fortune to visit Alex and Cia Reis for 2
days to pre-ride their new ride, The Genesee Ride.
WOW!!!! The Reis's breathtaking farm is on a hill
overlooking Muncy PA.
The surrounding terrain is like a amish quilt, with
one small mountain after another criscrossing each other.
For 2 days I rode the 50 miles of trail with Alex and Cia
on two different (lovely) mares. Alex and Cia have put
together one of the most beautiful,challenging,courses
I have ever ridden on. The area the trails go through are
rich with history, the Genesee trail being the old
underground trial to freedom for the slaves during
the Civil War.
After riding these trails I have the belief that this ride
will become "the" ride to "test the best"!!!
These trails are an honest challenge of fit horse and
smart rider. The footing is great because it is a
shale like base that is forgiving.  The kid of trail
that will stay together even with rain.
I forsee this ride becoming a testing ground
for world competition.
If you haven't entered this ride yet, I think you ought to
call the Reis's and plan to attend the first Genesee
Ride...Genesee Ride gets a 4 star rating from this
endurance rider.
WAY TO GO!!! Alex and Cia...****
See you at the Ride
Debbie