Re: Re: FEEDING BEER TO HORSES

ÿþ<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=unicode" http-equiv=Content-Type> <META content="MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=GENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=#ffffff> <DIV>I think what Susan says holds true about most vets'&nbsp;educations&nbsp;in teeth and feet, too.&nbsp; I don't think those two parts of the horse's anatomy are all that well covered in vet school either....I can't count the number of times Nelson is called to look at a "lame" horse, finds out the vet was there, said something is wrong with the foot so get the farrier and it's really something to do with the SHOULDER.&nbsp; Alot of times they think if&nbsp; a horse is off or limping, something is wrong with the foot.&nbsp; It doesn't make for friends in the veterinary community when their diagnosis is what's lame and the farrier figures it out and helps the horse.&nbsp; We at least appreciate the nudge to owners to call the farrier but most times it appears to be "passing the buck"... owners could save themselves a lot of money, time and grief by just calling the farrier in the first place.&nbsp; At least in our case, it is cheaper and Nelson will always be the first to suggest a vet is needed if one is.</DIV> <DIV>Maggie</DIV></BODY></HTML>