Re: RC: Pulling up hills?

In a message dated 9/9/00 11:39:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
123presto@email.msn.com writes:

<< I know it's NOT good but what can I do about it? I feel in a bit of a
 quandary. Help!, Nicole

 If you have a horse attempting to pull himself up a hill, a shoulder injury
 >is just around the corner.
 >
 >ti >>

First, make sure that the hind feet are shod so that there is a decent grip.
Then, practice on shallower inclines with good footing until the horse learns
to reach up underneath from behind. Hills are the very best teacher for this,
but shallow hills, not steep ones. With steep hills, the horse doesn't know
what to do at first.

ti