Re: RC: A tragic story-(sorry it's so long)

Five horses at night on a country road sounds dangerous to me, no matter what
the driver circumstances. In Amish country, this kind of thing happens all
the time--with sober drivers and a single horse and buggy with big reflectors
on it.

A while back I was at the airport, at a crosswalk, and cars were sailing by.
I hesitated to make sure the oncoming traffic saw me and was going to stop.
The little children with the lady next to me also heistated, but the lady
hauled them out into the path of the oncoming traffic saying "C'mon, they
have to stop!"

Like hell they do. Just because there is a law about running over people in
crosswalks doesn't mean drivers will see people in crosswalks, or even stop
for them if they do.

More power to anyone who wants to test the reaction time, visual acuity, or
soberness of someone in control of a 2000-4,000 lb projectile. Not me.

ti