Re: children's saddles

My kids started as little bitty ones.  I was adament that they start
English.  For two reasons...one, no horn to get hurt on, and two..riding
English makes you a better rider (sorry y'all its true...I showed both for
years..Western always ruined my English, English always improved my western
riding ability)...
My son went to a Thoroughgood synthetic...in fact, at 16 and 5'10, he still
rides in one, only bigger.  My daughter, myself and husband HATE them.  My
horses hate them, except his, which is a narrow backed horse.
My daughter, who is almost my size now (5'1") went from a bitty English
saddle to a DeSoto.  She can only ride in it if it has the full cover..it
rubs her legs.
My son, when he went to do a 100, decided he wanted a cover on his saddle as
well.
Remember, kids are really light, and can get away with almost any type of
saddle, as far as the horse's back is concerned.
Hope this helps.

Louise
Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians