Re: Mold on grass hay

Jacque Muessig jessaminehill@cs.com
I know exactly whats shes talking about.  Here in Pa, we had
several farmers complain about the hay going moly this year because of the high humidity, they could not dry it.  We grow
orchard grass, and canary reed, and timothy.  I got 100 bales of this in the spring and everyone is the same way.  I tried wetting it down, but this is not a good idea when its this bad.
The horses started coughing and one horse started to look a little colicky.  I will not feed this hay anymore.  Selling it for mulch hay.  By the way, its only moldy in the middle and if you look at the hay bale it looks like beautiful stuff.