Climate and Altitude changes

This is a topic I don't see very often on RC but would love to discuss.
After a recent move about from South Central Tennessee I moved to Central
Southern Kentucky. I actually lived on the Alabama Tennessee Boarder. I
Lived in Alabama my horses Lived in Tennessee. One of my mares experienced
what I would call some depression but was told it may have been climate,
altitude change. Now to me I didn't feel a darn thing but to her well she
was just so depressed looking. I realize that horses have less tendency to
eat drink and be happy when on rides, this is a given unless your horse is
getting really used to slumber parties.
I was kind of wondering if you plan on going to rides that are several
Hundreds of miles away say from coast to coast how much time would be good
to give your horse time to adjust? If you do say a hundred or a multiday how
much recovery time would you give before hauling back? I remeber something
maybe Steph and Krusty was in France about a week or two? correct me if I am
wrong here. I know that the plane ride was no picnic for a horse. Here in
the south when riding in the south you can pretty much haul one day ride the
next and leave the following. Just some random thoughts I have had, I want
the best advantage when I begin again. Goodness knows by the time my two
year tenure is up I am going to know every nook and crannie on these rides
through ya'll!
Carla (hey I am off today and I rode!! yippeeeeeeee!!)
Ansata (hey mom you a little sore from all that hopping around??)
haley (cool move can you show me that one?)
Rob *at work for me. he was off yesterday!*