saddle shopping

Well here goes, I came into a chunk of $$$ and Thinking about saving more to
buy a nice saddle. So here goes, I am currently looking at a saddle but will
give others a fair shot.
I am 5'9 180lbs trying to continue to shed. Hope to get down to the 170
range. My mare is 14'2-3 arabian good solid bone. Has no problems toting me
around. Currently I ride a knock off abbetta endurance saddle with a skito
pad. Its good point it can take a hell of a beating. It is a size 16.
The bad points. I have lost some feel of my horse since I added the extra
cushions with the skito but would rather loose feel than horse.I sit in the
center of the saddle and it has no back support at all. I have two lower
bulging disks and sciatic nerve trouble. That I have managed with exercise
and Chiropractic help. When I go on long rides I ride with back support but
it really eats up my sides. Being long waisted doesn't help.
I am sure there are several of you mileage endowed out there with some bad
backs. Any ideas on customising my saddle would be appreciated also some
good ideas on saddle makes would be appreciated.I am taking cost into
consideration. I have some money saved but I am willing to hold off and save
more. another thought, I will use this more than one horse.
Carla (thanks again dad!)
Ansata (thanks again gramps!)
haley (nothing for me.... =~0(
Rob (cool new golf stuff..i will take the shoes...the club..the this!)