Colleen Kirkpatrick

Colleen Kirkpatrick,
Hi, I am glad you got back safely!  How is Polaris?  We were camped next to you.  Well, we didn't ride that day, but stayed the next day and rode both days after that.  On Sunday we did the slip and slide because both of our horses are shod for the Nevada desert, with pads full round.  We could get no traction at all in the wet.  Plus our horses really did not know how to handle the mud, we are truly the "Desert Rats" of the endurance world.  On Monday it was much easier going, the mud had dried somewhat more, and our horses had learned how to handle the turns in the wet and mud a little bit better than the day before. On Monday Heidi's horse decided to paw at a log on the trail-and about 30 angry black bees erupted from one end of the log and stung her horse all over.  The bees left her and me and my horse alone, thank goodness.  But I guess her horse had an allergic reaction to the venom
and colicked by the time we got to the vet check.  He is fine now-but was scary at first!!!!  We truly had an adventure.

The trails were so beautiful with the mist rising up out of the trees.  Kind of magical to be riding in that kind of terrain, especially when we are used to the desert.  The footing was actually great.  And Robert and Melissa were perfectly organized, the trails were very well marked, the food was excellent.  They did a great job, and I will go back next year!!!!  Who could imagine that the temperature could drop so much and it could rain and snow on Labor Day weekend????  I checked on the internet and this weekend set a record for weather-it hasn't done this since 1941.  Oh well.

I am posting this on ridecamp because I thought I had your e-mail, but I did not.  Please send me back your e-mail.

Hope you are dried out and warm now!!!

Kriss