packing for a multi-day

I'm just about done packing for Big South Fork - a 3 day here in the
SE - one of the few multidays we have so I have zilch experience at
the multi-day business.

Seems like I should just put a hitch on the tack and feed rooms and
bring the whole thing with me - would be easier than putting it in my
rig I think :)

How on earth do those of you who do 5 day rides manage to fit all
the hay and grain (and saddle pads, etc)... you need for a horse or
two for that long? Do you bring it all with you or bring some and then
refill later during the ride from local sources?

Tina - loaded to the gills
tina@autoairbagcovers.com