Re: RC: Conditioning for a 100

> Working 2 or more hours of intense (trot/canter/jump) ring work 4-5 >
days a> week> might work but hills or deep sand really are >more of a
challenge

I used to have a really fit horse that I rode 5 days a week to train...He
only did 2 races in 2 years. I kept making him lame. Learned my lesson. I
*very* seldom ride more than 3 days a week now...one long on Sat. (5-6
hours or so) and 2 about 1.5 hours maybe Tues. & Thurs. (yep I have
hills).  Then, once you add in a week off after a competition, just light
maintenance riding the week before a competition, he gets quite a bit of
off time. It's worked much better for me.

Angie
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.