RE: Re: Re: crops and stuff...

<<
<< >In a perfect world all of our training could be done "down home on the
 farm".>

 I disagree.  I can think of nothing more boring for a horse than staying in
 for ages, being trained, until he was deemed "acceptable" to be taken out
in
 public. >>

And a certain amount of training involves learning to leave the familiar
environment and accept the strange things that life throws one's way--and
that can ONLY be done by leaving home in most cases...

And my mare positively hates riding around our house.  She will go dead lame
to avoid it!  She also balks more going into the trailer in the evening than
in the morning, knowing that we're not going very far.  She's the only horse
I know that tries to turn around on the trail when arriving back into camp.

Marlene