Re: RC: FEI Endurance

In a message dated 8/29/2000 8:00:17 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
EquesB@aol.com writes:

<< Ah, but what about the so called endurance rider who is making a "50 mile
 wonder" to have a product to sell to the Sheik with tons of money?  >>

They really only want horses that do 100's.  I use to be concerned about the
riders in the UAE and they way I had heard they were running horses into the
ground.

I competed at the 1999 Cosequin Challenge and there were two riders from the
UAE there.  They had leased horses and took very good care of them.  One rode
in the front of the pack, the other rode in the back.  The one in the front
won BC at the ride.  I was glad to have ridden with these two men.  They
showed me that you can not believe everything you read or hear.

There are bad riders here in the USA, just like there are bad riders from the
UAE and from other countries.

Let people who want to do FEI do FEI, it really is not that much different
than AERC or more difficult.  Let the people who want to do just AERC do
AERC.  There is enough room in this sport for everyone.

Debi S
Chevalier Farms