Re: RC: reply to Tom Ivers re: re FEI

Well Tom,  I've got 1000 miles on my horse.  I don't consider myself a
bad horseman just because I'm not choosing to go for victory with him. I
just cant get too worked up that someone who has never actually ridden
an endurance race thinks I'm horrible because I'm not training and
riding at winning speed.  If you had ever done a ride you might
understand that just completing is a rewarding experience. Grey is a
completer and a learning horse for me; and I hope to get more serious
with my next horse, but don't tell me I'm doing badly by Grey - He's a
very happy, healthy horse and he has looked and been absolutely great at
the finish line.  An endurance race is not like a track race - it really
is not at all difficult to choose your own pace.

Teresa Van Hove