Re: RC: FEI Endurance

In a message dated 08/28/2000 2:41:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< what on earth does the AERC
  BOD have to do with how FEI conducts business?  Is the BOD going to state
that no USA riders can participate in international endurance championships?
That would be scary! >>

Starting from the end:  No, the BOD has no interest in preventing riders from
participating in international events.
I still think that big prize money should not be a part of endurance riding.

Thanks for setting me straight about FEI policies.  The letter from M. Stone
sounded a bit more stringent that you make it sound.  If that is all FEI
means, that the US has to offer rides run under FEI rules in order for USA
riders to qualify for international events, then this does not seem too
arduous.  If a ride manager chooses not to run his ride under those rules, or
if only the international qualifiers are required to ride under those rules
and the rest of the riders can ride under AERC rules, then this could work.
I just have a morbid fear of being "taken over" by some other entity by very
subtle and insidious means.  This feeling extends far beyond just endurance
riding.  Some time I will explain the possible reason to you in private.

Barbara