Mares and Poop

Ray O'Donohue rno2m@virginia.edu
   My gelding has always been a gentleman about this-he has many "stations" to use on his 7 acre woods lot,and rarely fails to "go" there. Guest mare is the opposite-to the point of pooping in the area where they are eating their on-the-ground hay.I'm running out of places to put the hay (this IS the way they will be served hay),and I'm tired of now having to watch my step everywhere.She also pooped on the side of the barn,like a cow.Question:Is this the way it is with most mares?If so,she's the last one that will ever stay here.