Re: RC: Re: unwilling trot out

Ah! And HERE is the ONE place where some quality halter training comes in
very handy! Our horses understand the body language/position/command for
trotting out in hand and do it beautifully. Well, at least the horses we
breed and start ourselves. The others just need the same training. They trot
off on a loose line, right at the shoulder, neither in front nor behind the
handler. While they were by and large average halter competitors, (except for
our old mare who won everywhere she went) they are a pleasure to handle in
most any situation and trot out well regularly for the vets. For most horses
with decent dispositions, it take about 3 sessions to take them from dragging
butt to kicking butt at the trot in hand.
San