Left over hay/straw? from pea crops

Anyone out there have any information or experience with feeding horses
the left overs after the peas have been harvested?  Apparently goats
love and thrive on it, cows won't eat it and horses love it but we don't
know if it has much nutritional value (I didn't experiment on my horses
- just heard from someone else).  What a great forage to put out in
winter (up here in Eskimo country) if it has any value.

Hope someone can help on this.  Thanx
elaine