Re: RC: Re: USA Team announcement

In a message dated 8/25/00 10:31:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bandc@teknett.com writes:

<< That has nothing to do with someone else riding her
 horse!! Still don't think I could have someone else ride my horse...Murph's
 Law **s**t happens!!  sorry there would be a next time for me or not!!. >>

Part of participating as a squad member at this level is making decisions
that are best for the team.  One consideration of nominating a horse, IMO, is
that he be VERY stable about travel, being handled by other people, and yes,
even be able to be ridden by other people.  I've had horses that I was
comfortable allowing others to ride (one of our stallions had 5 different
riders the year he was PNER mileage champ, and 11 in the course of his
career), and horses that I would not.  I would not even consider nominating
one in the latter category...

Heidi