helmet and nearly dragged me off.
I say ride what you like and have fun doing it.

Jan

In a message dated 8/24/00 12:00:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kwebb@GSSB.com
writes:

<< Subj:     RC:  Horses 16 hands and over doing endurance
 Date:  8/24/00 12:00:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time
 From:  kwebb@GSSB.com (Karen Webb)
 To:    ridecamp@endurance.net ('ridecamp@endurance.net')

 Okay folks, I posted a query yesterday about doing endurance on tall
 half-Arabians.  By tall, I mean 16 hands and over.  I only got one reply.
 Surely I can get more input than that?  Don't any of you have some big
 horses?  And what I want to know is do they do well?  I noted that a 16.2
 hand half Arabian came in 65th at Tevis and Ruby, the 17 hand molly Mule,
 came in Top Ten.  Am just wondering if height is a drawback, especially when
 it comes to P&R's, since you would collaterally have more mass; or it could
 be a plus especially for a taller rider.  Since the two mares I have are
 both half-Thoroughbred, when crossed with my Arabian stallion, that would
 hopefully produce a tall half Arabian with increased bone and good stamina?
 Any thoughts.

 -Karen Webb
 Epiphany Arabians
 Palmetto, GA >>