Re: RC: Rim Horseshoes

My farrier says they give more traction because of the dirt that collects in
the groove. I have polo rim shoes on my horse now. The outside edge of the
shoe is rounded off but the inside edge is V shaped. Traction could be bad if
you have a horse that twists his foot during the weight bearing phase. My
farrier doesn't like using "grippy" shoes or borium on young horses. I don't
think many endurance people use borium but its great for horses that have to
go on asphalt - carriage horses, etc.

                                                   Shelly in DE