Yet another fire story

Yesterday I was driving the five miles into town and there was this grass
fire by the side of the road.  It was a circle about fifty feet wide
heading in two directions at once.  The grass was mowed short (no taller
than three inches),and it wasn't moving fast, but it was moving.

People were driving by as if it were no big deal.

I pulled over, grabbed an old towel out of the back seat and proceeded to
beat out the fire (I'm in a pair of shorts, a T-shirt and a pair of clogs).

After about ten minutes of hard work, a guy pulled over and started
helping.  Another five minutes after that a second guy stopped.  They
stomped, I beat (we needed some music).

Finally the local fire department showed up, right after we got it out.
They hosed the whole area down and then packed up and left.

I will never leave my house without my cell phone again.

Oh, and I gotta get a new/old towel.  :)

I kept thinking , if only I had my trail ride water tank with me, I'd have
30 gallons to put that sucker out with. . .

Tara Wheeler
"She is the virgin harlot. She is vulgar, witty, knowlegable to a depth
that terrifies, cruel when she is most kind, unthinking while she thinks,
and when she seeks to build, she is as destructive as the corriolis storm."
Bijas from 'Dune Messiah' speaking about Alia and harpy@io.com