Re: Is my horse to old to begin training?

> I am in Colorado and leasing a saddlebred gelding (and seriously thinking
about purchasing him) who is 9 yrs old that I have begun to train for
endurance riding.  He is an excellent trail horse and loves to trot
everywhere.  What is everyone's opinion on begininng to train for
competition when the horse is 9?

My Saddlebred mare is 16 and green-broke!! We're having a ball getting her
started in CTR. She's doing great. I say you're never too old, no matter
what species.

Maggie Fleming
Chere's Secret Waltz--My blood's bluer than yours is!