For Tom - hocks/stifle

Kristi iluvdez@yahoo.com
Tom,

I thought it was for sure a stifle problem, but the vet
says no. He said that because the "locking" or stiffness in
the trailer happens when the horse's leg is "under" him instead
of out behind him, that rules out the stifle and points to
the hock. I originally thought
that falling out behind at the trot was another stifle symptom,
but I've been told by numerous (supposedly knowledgable) people
that that's a hock issue too....I'm not 100% convinced that
it IS hock instead of stifle, but for now I'm at the mercy of a
vet's opinion (albeit a respected "lameness" vet, for what
that's worth...)

Thanks,
Kristi