Re: Kicking Out

   I just read an excellent book called "Lyons on Horses" by John Lyons, and
he suggests the "three second rule" for biting or kicking of any kind, as it
is the most dangerous thing a horse can do. He says you have three seconds
to kill the horse, no hitting in the head, and then directly after say some
soothing words. I have used this on my mare, who is moody with other horses,
and I only had to do it once. Good Luck!
  Taramb