Easyboot question

My gelding tends to be ouchy in front, so I put Easyboots on (with
Thinliners to keep his shoes from wearing out the boots prematurely) for
conditioning rides.  Again today, when I removed the Easyboots, I found that
the Thinliners had shifted backwards so that about half an inch of the
liners was sticking out the back of each of the boots.

What am I doing wrong?  The liners are trimmed to fit the boots.  His shoes
are St. Croix Eventers, and his toes are trimmed quite short.  Could this be
happening because his toes are too short for the Easyboots?  If so, what
should I do to solve the problem?

Cindy