RE:cross breeding horses

Jonni <jonnij@earthlink.net>

>>>Or you can get the BEST of both breeds!

Ah, yes, you can, but all I asked was could folks deal with getting the
worst of both? Any breeding is potluck when you get down to it. You can
study each horses breeding, find a mate to compliment the other horses
"faults", invest the time and money, and 11 months later, the mare could
foal out something completly different from your goal. Yes, you can limit
the "bad" foals by trying to breed only horses that do not HAVE faults, but
mother nature does play tricks on us, and you have no guarentee you will get
what you want. If it was so easy, then the race horse industry would not
have any "rejects".

>>>We are breeding Canabians - Putting  Canadien studs on Arabian mares -
the result so far has been wonderful - quiet Canadien minds in Arabian
bodies with added bone and a bit more muscle.  Easy to halter train,
quiet.<<<

Just a little note here. This came off to me I am sure, not as indended. I
find all the full Arabians I have halter trained to be VERY easy. It sounds
like maybe not everyone has had the same experiance I have???

It is wonderful your breeding program is giving you the results you are
seeking, but this is just not always the case.

Of course, just my opinion <grin>. I have lots of those!
Jonni