Re: Funny Trail Story

> Hello all,
> I had the funnist thing happen to me out on the trail today.<snip>
> I see this man running across the trail NAKED!!!!! He had shoes on of
> course but he was bearing it all. I was so shocked I thought I was
> crazy but when me and Polaris climb a little further there he was
> sitting on a rock bearing all. He was very nice siad hello and siad
> he like Polaris. Has anything like that ever happened to any of you?
> Thats the funnist thing I have ever seen.
> Colleen K. & Polaris (Mom who is  that naked man on the trail?)

Something like that happened to a friend and I once when I was living/riding
in L.A.  I used to sometimes ride with a friend named Liz that was a sorta
cowgirl and rode with chaps, a big saddle and so on, and was always really
disappointed that the rangers wouldn't let her carry a rifle and
scabbard---so instead she carried this huge, deer-sticker knife that looked
like it should belong to a Klingon or something.

So we're riding up this narrow, little canyon trail and lo and behold, this
naked guy jumps out of the bushes, grabs his package so to speak and starts
grinning at us like we were supposed to scream or faint or something.  He
apparently had a history of doing this, dunno the average reaction he got,
but bet he wasn't expecting Liz---she gets this big, evil grin on her face,
whips out this dragon-slayer knife, yells, "OH BOY! TROPHIES!" and starts
galloping flat out at this guy.  I swear, I have never seen anybody turn
white as a sheet before, let alone that quickly, but he did, turned and
starts running like hell up the canyon, with Liz right behind him, whooping
and yelling and waving that knife around.  I was laughing so hard I fell off
Mikey, and I swore I thought she'd caught him and was cutting off parts from
all the screams coming down the canyon.  But, a few minutes later, she comes
trotting back down without trophies, very chagrined because he hadn't played
fair and had taken a swan dive off the trail into the brush and apparently,
cactus as well (hence, the screams).

Anyway, I've always appreciated the naked guys on the trail, because they
were such good entertainment. <eg>

susan g