Re: RC: Re: arab/percheron crosses

In a message dated 08/18/2000 8:22:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
greymare@jps.net writes:

<< Some Percherons seem to be really high in the croup and
 goose-rumped...........this would not make a good riding animal, I think.

 On the other hand, when my sister and I were teenagers, we had a dun
 Percheron/Tb cross.  She was put together really well, but now that I think
 of it........was really clumsy.

 To cross a fine-boned hot blood like an Arab with a big cold blood might be
 too extreme? >>

I refer again to our late gelding...Percheron/Morgan cross.  Gooserumped,
yes, but a fabulous endurance horse.  16 hands, about 1100#, very fast trot,
very strong, and an excellent trail horse.

Barbara