bucker

Well, we just started my 5 year old stallion in the round pen, and he
hasn't bucked at all. In fact, I haven't had one buck on me in a while
(there, now I have jinxed myself) while breaking. I think while some
horses do buck a lot when they are started, they should be stopping it
pretty quickly, and usually it's a long time in coming- in other words,
they give a LOT of signals that they would LOVE to buck- ears back,
hunched up, won't go forward, that sort of thing. I have been on ONE
young Selle Francais horse that would buck like this when asked to
canter. I went flying through the air, but the next rider on made durn
sure he wouldn't do it again. I am sure he turned out fine. He was just
young.
SO either your horse has got something that just sticks him funny
sometimes (I would check the underside of your saddle and blanket VERY
carefully for loose nails, burrs, etc...) or he just likes to buck...
does he make faces before he does it? Or act a little funny first?
Gwen Dluehosh DVM
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.