Re: RC: Dead/Alive -TEVIS RESCUE Part 2

I will not publish what was sent to me privately; however I will post my
reply which  will be my last thoughts on this subject. You are the folks
who are riding these trails. I really should have little input, other
than the fact that my horses (they'll always be my babies) are involved
in this sport.
Hi ---
You and I both know that the Tevis has more press and is just as high
profile if not more than the "champion rides"--- this was just
discussed. People can do everything on their own and use their own
judgment (or lack of); however, if you are going to have events with
high notoriety and even video'd (as some of these are) then it doesn't
take much to find out what the local resources are. A 911 in advance so
to  speak--- a "heads up". I don't feel that interferes with anyone's
liberties and might save a life--- be it horse or human. Something does
not have to be death defying in order to be challenging. I thought the
purpose of endurance was to challenge the athletic ability of the horse;
not to see who comes out alive. Your attitude would prevent me from EVER
wanting to do endurance and I hope is not representative of the group as
a whole. I would hope that safety of both horse and rider come first,
rather than the contest. Granted, there are risks involved in any sport
(walking across the street for that matter); however, if there is a
safety precaution that can be taken (a call to the locals re: emergency
resources), I would hope that would be done.
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov