NC Dangerous Trails

debbie zanot darkcat5@yahoo.com
Bobby Jo's account of the "rock loop" made me angry.
I would call it plain ol'macho stupidity. Since when
did challenge become synonomous with dangerous?
Had I drove 1,000 miles and paid big bucks, to enter
a risk everything you and your horse have worked so hard
for and ended up with a ruined horse, I would have been
pretty upset.
Trails should be described in detail on events like this.
Described in detail so that a person knows that it is purely
a gamble.
I noticed all but 2 horses were pulled for lameness.
Did the 2 metobolic pulls drink or not drink the
raunchy water?  What about the lame horses? Any fractures
from the hard going? Accidents happen in our sport on the
best of trails,so why would you have trails that WILL
cause accidents..Macho tuff trails...harder than the OD
or Tevis... hmmmmm pretty stupid I would say.