helmet infomation needed

Can any on you folks help me quickly?

I have searched around the net and just can't much information regarding head injuries and helmet use-beyond the American Academy of Pediatrics policy statement.......I need more.  Our local Junior riding club refuses to require helmets for members and drill, and last month a girl who had been riding all her life, on a very well trained horse; had the horse put a foot through the reins, rear, and fall on her.  She hit her head, was unconscious for 20 minutes and rushed to emergency. Luckily she made it, parents chewed out by doctor, but I doubt this group will have learned anything about it. I am hoping to use this opportunity to resent some info to the club.......

Thanks, Karen