RE: Re: Amazon.com sells "Cannibal Ferox" - a film with torture of anim...

all well and good, but this doesn't have a whole lot to do with endurance riding. I'd suggest dumping this thread - not because the topic doesn't need aired - but because this just ain't the place to do it....
-----Original Message-----
From: Lif Strand [mailto:fasterhorses@gilanet.com]
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2000 9:26 AM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: RC: Re: Amazon.com sells "Cannibal Ferox" - a film with torture of anim...

[WARNING:  CONTROVERSY ALERT]

There are always people who will object to things that other people think are reasonable.  People object to people who have other religious beliefs don't they?  Or to people having the right to decide what's right for their own bodies.  There's even people who object to anyone "using" animals for any reason whatsoever - whether or not pain (cruelty) is involved.  Who will define what is right and wrong for all?  Perhaps the director of this movie is doing the cruelty to animals people a favor - if people don't know and can't find out that sick practices exist, then how will anyone stop them?

I'm thinking that by complaining to Amazon.com we're shooting at the messenger, not the creator of the message.  INFORMATION should never be censored.  IDEAS should never be censored.  Practices... now that's something else.  But go to the ones who are performing the practice - in this case people who allegedly tortured the animals - not the ones who disseminate the information.  If you don't like the movie (the book, the article, the email) then don't look at it - that's your right.  You can even give the movie we're talking about a bad review.  But don't ask anyone else to censor anything so you don't have to look at it.  Be proactive, not reactive.   Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609