From: Susan Garlinghouse [mailto:suendavid@worldnet.att.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 9:47 AM
To: ckellerfarm; Lif Strand; Ridecamp
Subject: RC: Re: Re: Re: Re: Arabic Name Help

----- Original Message -----
From: ckellerfarm <mailto:ckellerfarm@stellarnet.com>
To: Lif  <mailto:fasterhorses@gilanet.com> Strand ; Ridecamp
<mailto:ridecamp@endurance.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 9:48 AM
Subject: RC: Re: Re: Re: Arabic Name Help

I took my mare to  trainer 6 years ago. He said : The defiance between
training a Arab and a QH is simple. When you punish a QH he says "DUH"
When you punish  an Arab he says"What did you do that for?".  And I show
Arab once and go on to the next step. With the QH I go over step one
every time I work with him, just to be sure he remembers.
And I agree. Arabs are the smartest horses around,all I see is they
don't put up with being miss used. And why should they we don't.
TK

This cracked me up.  I once asked my Schutzhund dog trainer who worked
with both my border collies (the Arabs of the dog world) and the "other"
protection breeds like Rottweilers and german shepherds what he thought
the differences were and he said the other dogs got schooled almost
every day, always got a review session before moving on to something new
and were introduced to new things very gradually.  He said with the
border collies, he just handed them a copy of the rule book. <g>

Susan G