Re: RC: question on age

In a message dated 8/1/00 7:33:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Merryben@aol.com
writes:

<< Tevis has restricted the junior age to 12 or older.  None of the other
rides
 I have been to have restricted the age.  The youngest junior I ever took on
 50 miler was 5 and we had a great time.  I would think that the rides could
 make stricter rules if they wanted to but have not seen it done, other than
 Tevis.....

 Maryben Stover

I think it is wise of Tevis to do so from what I've seen and heard of that
particular trail. The thing that has me itching is the fact that NATRC has an
age limit of 10 yrs.  You'd think if they want more riders they also would
allow parents to use their own judgment. I enjoy endurance but would like to
start the child on a slower more learning environment before the 'need for
speed' kicks in. <g>
Jan, who has a young one coming on fast...