ROUGH TROT FIX???

This morning Angie McGhee suggested riding with shorter
stirrups to take the weight out of the saddle when you get into
that "3 times a second" trot.  I tried it and it does make a big
difference.  Keeping him collected maintains a "spring" to
the trot and he's been much better at this since he learned
to drive but tends to lose it beyond twice a second.

At the last CTR I broke a stirrup leather (heavy leather Wintec).
I replaced it with a synthetic Wintec Webber that I REALLY
like.  There is no buckle "lump" under your leg and It is very
easy to change stirrup length from the saddle.  They seem
to have some "spring" to them which absorbs some shock.

I'll report back next week. We're doing our first Biathlon this
weekend (Ride 30 miles on Sat. and Drive 30 miles on Sun.).

John and Meshack (We're doing WHAT??!!)
http://www.bypass.com/~ayers (Vermont Equestrian Activities)
Secretary/Treasurer Vermont Arabian Horse Association