Re: biothane reins

>Lisa Wolters-Broder ponytale@home.com
>Hi all,
>I'm not a Ridecamp member, but I have a couple of questions about biothane
reins.... How slippery do they get? Do any of you have them with the rubber
grips, and if so, how do you like 'em? Do you use your biothane reins to
tie your horse on the trail, or do you carry a separate lead rope?

I've used the beta biothane reins for quite a while here in the rainy
northwest and they've never been slippery or stiff.  They don't absorb any
moisture so they are always lightweight and easy on the hands.  They don't
have rubber grips on them since you don't really need them (they don't get
slippery) and I've used them as a lead rope to tie temporarily with no
problems (just loop the end around something and clip it back on itself.
The hardware is of good quality and has not tarnished, rusted, or changed
color.  I got them thru Gail Hought at --
http://www.hought.com/endthg.html

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm