ride in 100 degree

Jolynn Maynard jmaynard@idsely.com
I have been planning to ride in the Scipio Trails Ride on July 29.  My horse is fit and ready.
I am very hesitant because the high temp for the day is listed as 99 degrees.
Isn't this awfully hot to ask a horse to do 50 miles in 6-7 1/2 hours?  I am very
concerned about the heat and how well my horse and I can handle it.  The ride
starts at 6:30 (wish it was 5 am start) and the low temp is 55 degrees.  I would
appreciate any advice.  Please email me at:  jmaynard@idsely.com
Unfortunately I have been dropped from RC and plan to resubscribe this fall.

Thanks for any input.