RE: FYI

This is a great discussion, but you are losing me here.  What is "GL"?
Are you saying that a 10% fat diet is primarily a carbohydrate-based
training diet?  Does this level of fat (soybean oil, I believe) in Enduro
load fat?  I realize that the amount of this diet fed, relative to the
total diet (including roughage), is what important (I think I've read in
Lew Hollander's book that 10% of the TOTAL diet is needed for fat
cannot estimate his total diet, but it is obvious that if the concentrate
portion is 10% fat then the percent fat in the total diet must be much,
much lower.  Rice bran is 20% fat, but my guy does his best to sift it
out of what he eats, so that does not add substantial fat to his diet.
At 800 lbs, carrying a heavyweight rider, I must put a lot of energy in
to keep him from being thin.  How do I achieve the proper amount of fat
to supply intramuscular triglycerides?

John in MD

<< OK, so what would meet the 'carb-based diet' requirement ? The
carbo-loading before and carbs during the ride would be your GL? The
Enduroevent I feed at 10% fat sounds like it would load fat. Or are we
talking alot higher(like adding rice bran)?

                                          Shelly in DE >>