Re: RC: Re: overweight an issue? - Weight vs. lean mass

In a message dated 7/26/00 1:55:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
suendavid@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< In addition, my initial statement was that a smaller horse,
 > give all other variables the same, will pay a bigger price for having the
 > same 170 lb rider on his back than a larger horse. I believe that
 statement
 > holds up as well, despite your initial argument against.

 Define "bigger price".

 Susan G >>

More rapid fuel depletion, higher heartrates, slower recoveries, higher body
temps, earlier substrate cascade, mechanical stressors, reduced biomechnical
efficiency, increased likelihood of injury, etc.

ti